Sunday, May 5, 2013

Skin Condition Update + Review: Maple Clinic

I have been too busy with school to go back to Maple Clinic. An update on my skincare, I've managed to clear the bulk of my acne and all I'm left with is acne scar on the right face profile. They'll fade after 6-12 months? I'm using BB creams to conceal them for the time being.

However, Maple Clinic is not the place where I cleared my skin. I visited another dermatologist. He's awesome :) I've stopped using Maple Clinic's NIKS product for about 5 months already. Here's my take on their products in retrospect (purely based on memory):
  • NIKS Vitamin A Cleanser - Finished the entire bottle. It's gentle and soothing. However, I didn't see much effect on my skin. It did calm my skin down though. 
  • Glycol 10 - This is good. Fruit acids I think?
  • Acne Clear Gel - Good.
  • Eryacne Gel - Did nothing for me.
  • Skinoren - Love the Skinoren :)
  • Blemish Cream - meh
  • Skin Repair Cream - It's really too thick for my liking. It's meant for dry/dehydrated/mature skin, almost for anti-aging. I bought a full size jar at SGD52 in July 2012. I'm looking to let it go at SGD20 because (1) the more I drag, it's just going to 'expire' and I'll need to throw it away (2) It's really highly raved by some people online (Google Niks Skin Repair Cream and you'll see) and I can sell this to someone who will actually use it.
I've finished all the products above except for Skin Repair Cream.