Sunday, June 17, 2012

FANCL Haul & Reveiw



FANCL 
First of all, I have to rave about FANCL's customer service. The lady is SUPER patient and sweet. You can definitely tell that she doesn't do hard-selling (unlike the SA at Shu Uemura. I will leave that for another day). Even if their products may not be as effective, I will still go back due to the lady's awesome service. :D

FANCL Sunguard SPF12 PA++ For Sensitive Skin, Perfect Slim Alpha tablets, Acne Care Essence and samples

1. FANCL Sunguard SPF 12 PA++ For Sensitive Skin SGD20
I'm currently in the lookout for a new sunscreen. The Acnes UV Tinted MILK had served me well for the past 3 years. However, the higher the SPF, the more likely it is to clog the pores (and clogged pores increase the chances of breakout!) The sunscreen is white in colour and does not leave any pasty white residue on the face at all. I might buy this again when the current tube runs out.

The lady gave me a free sample of FANCL's sunscreen in SPF30. It is COSTLY at SGD 40+ for a bottle. Compare it to the ACNES at SGD 10! It is highly unlikely that I will go out to purchase the SPF30 Face & Body sunblock even after I find that the sample is good.

2. FANCL Acne Care Essence SGD 33.50
My most expensive acne care product thus far. It is very mild and after a night of application, my pimples do appear less red and smaller. However, I doubt that it will help in completely curing them. I think this will work well for those people who get those occasional pimple(s) and hate using harsh chemicals (Oxy-10 etc) on their face. For severe acne, this probably won't work out.

3. FANCL Perfect Slim Alpha tablets SGD14 for 5 days supply
FIRST THING TO CLEAR UP, this is NOT a diet pill. It is just a diet supplement. From their webpage:

Active ingredient Green Tea Catechin works with Capsaicin to activate fat breakdown enzyme to break fats into fatty acid and enhance body basal metabolism. While Alpha Lipoic Acid helps to convert sugar into energy, Garcinia Extract and L-Carnitine enhance fat burning activities. Consume before workout for optimal effectiveness.

I started consuming the tablets on 15th June 2012. Will do a review after 5 days.

The lady passed me samples for the rest of Fancl's AC range - Lotion & Gel. It's too lightweight & watery for my liking. Oh well, I guess Fancl just doesn't shine in the field of acne care. :S