Monday, July 9, 2012

Review - Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation

564 medium light sand
I bought the Shu Uemura Face Architect Smooth Fit Foundation at Ion Orchard. It gives a semi-matte coverage but it does sink into pores. Coverage is build-able. However, I will suggest not putting on too much as it tends to cake up. Overall, a pretty decent foundation. Not reaching for it at all now as I want to look for a more natural finish. With this foundation, it is apparent that you have makeup on. Looks good when you wear it with other areas of makeup (eye, blush etc) as it will give you flawless skin. 

On a personal note, I was a bit put off that I bought this at SGD 75, a day right BEFORE they dropped the price to SGD 65. Highly raved online but I personally won't repurchase!

It is regarded as a high-end foundation. I don't have any regrets though. I like to play on the safe side with regards to base makeup. Packaging wise, Shu Uemura has done a good job with a pump (way more hygienic)!

Pros:
- pretty natural finish considering that it is a liquid foundation
- you can control the amount you want to put on 
- will not worsen your skin condition 
- becomes more natural looking throughout the day
- a little goes a LONG way 

Cons:
- may slip (put translucent powder) (the case with most liquid foundations)
- don't put so much at one shot. less is more.

However, I've since switched to applying BB creams only to my right profile to conceal my ance scars and minimising my makeup. I have no use for this.